The value of teshuvah

Rebbe Gedalyah Moshe of Zvhil zt'l asked someone why he wasn't going to a certain mussar drashah that

many people were attending. The man replied, "I know myself. Even if the speaker inspires me to do

teshuvah, the teshuvah won't last for long. Soon afterwards, I will return to my old ways."

The Rebbe replied, "If someone swims up to a person drowning at sea, and says, 'I can save you for a half

hour, but then you will fall back into the sea again,' would he accept the offer? Of course he would. So

why shouldn’t you also seek to do teshuvah? It is worthwhile, even if it only lasts for a short while."

(Torah Wellsprings, Ki Teitzei, 5782, Rabbi Elimelech Biderman, shlita)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mesirut Nefesh

For God's own redemption, He must "grab hold of our hands and drag us from our places" back to our home

Igniting the spark