Everything can be delivered to your door -- except Eretz Yisrael

Nowadays you can get almost everything delivered to your door, from food to footballs. There is only one thing that cannot be delivered and that's Eretz Yisrael (the Land of Israel). You have to go there yourself.

Maybe I'm just lucky. I enjoy so many blessings. I experience difficulty fearing God because He has been so incredibly good to me.

God's greatest gift to me is the Land of Israel. It is truly humbling to realize that after 2,000 years of exile, I should be among the lucky ones who found their way back. 

And somehow, some way, I have been blessed with the opportunity to constantly rejuvenate in an apartment with an unobstructed view, where I can see from the south end of Jerusalem all the way to Mount Scopus. And I never need to put on the air conditioning because a breeze is always blowing through.

And there is a synagogue around the corner, two minutes away, with men who articulate every word of the morning prayers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mesirut Nefesh

For God's own redemption, He must "grab hold of our hands and drag us from our places" back to our home

Igniting the spark