Hitchhikers

Today, I drove to Kiryat Arba along with some hitchhikers.

I love picking up hitchhikers.  Like everyone in Israel, they are so intensely involved in whatever they are doing, whether sending messages on their phones, reading, sleeping, but never just looking out the window.

Why is Israel the most rapidly developing nation on the planet?

Focus.

Israelis are the most focused people on earth, and every moment is precious to them.

When they asked the Lubavitcher Rebbe the key to his prodigious achievement, he said focus.  "I devote myself completely to whatever I am doing at a particular moment," the Rebbe said.  "Nothing can distract me from the matter at hand."

He could have been talking about every man, woman, and child in the Land of the Jews.

Sometimes I engage a child in conversation and am astonished by the focus and powers of concentration exhibited from a tender age.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mesirut Nefesh

For God's own redemption, He must "grab hold of our hands and drag us from our places" back to our home

Igniting the spark