Let me Tell You About My Friend Chaim

Let me tell you about Chaim.

The gentlest soul I have ever known.

He has two children with severe mental disabilities and a difficult wife.

Thank God he has a son who is normal and has already brought him a healthy grandson.

Chaim has no teeth and a lot of what he says I do not understand.

It doesn't matter.

I love Chaim and he loves me.

This is what happens in the Land of the Jews.  There is a connection to people you feel that is so very, very deep.

Chaim stutters.  Despite this, he often leads prayers and, despite severe problems in enunciation and many stops and starts, he perseveres.

This is Israel.  Will and determination are beyond measure.  Never has the world seen anything like it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mesirut Nefesh

For God's own redemption, He must "grab hold of our hands and drag us from our places" back to our home

Igniting the spark