Is There A Place to Pray Around Here?

I am just walking this morning to do my Shabbat shopping and someone stops me to ask if there is a place around here where he can pray.

I direct him to a shul in an adjacent supermarket.

Yes, in Israel you can find a shul in a supermarket called Osher Ad.  It caters to religious customers but anyone can buy there or pray there.

When you do a favor for another Jew in Israel, when you help someone out using Hebrew words, you are filled with happiness.

As Shlomo Carlebach famously said.  "You did a favor for a Jew today?  Gvald!  Gvald!"

Oh how I wish I spoke Yiddish!  It is the language of intimacy from the old country.

Still, speaking Hebrew to your fellow Jews, you feel a closeness to them.

You want to hug and kiss every Jew you see.  You want to stop every Jew and say, "I just wanted to tell you how much I love you for being you, for being here."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mesirut Nefesh

For God's own redemption, He must "grab hold of our hands and drag us from our places" back to our home

Igniting the spark